Capitalist Education

Before beginning to deliberate about this topic, I would like to do a disclaimer in regards to the apparent vagueness of my remarks, that, despite what it may seem, has nothing to do with a lack of work on my part as much as it has to do with the inherent attractiveness of the topic being discussed. There is so much room for discussion that It's difficult to reach a very strong conclusion.
As probably almost all of us have thought throughout our university experience, the chilean educational model leaves formative education behind in favor of an instructive approach, producing highly qualified professionals (under a scientist-rational perspective) to the market as a result, even if they just reproduce knowledge instead of producing it. 
Without disregarding this situation, I think that, at least in FACSO, university decreases it due to professors's required hardwork to impart a humanist education since they share their mental/cognitive tools, stimulating our abilities of producing unknown knowledge. Considering this, I'm unable to create a curriculum change proposal framed in a main idea, just because put all my reflexions together has become a sort of juxtaposition: on the one hand, in my mind is totally necessary to change the perspective from topics that are being adressed, refocussing knowledge to latin american reality. On the other hand, I understand the system's demands obligate us to get (into) first world discourses, using the classroom as its primary mean. 
Sadly, all that I'm able to affirm would make intelectual work meaningless just because of its huge brutal containment: educational problems find its causes on capitalist system so notoriously, that everything we could criticize (and work from) leads us to that big-essential issue.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Quarantine

The Dream Theater experience

My future job